BLOG: Presidential Perspectives

Sharing a president's perspective

President Davies UC in Background

It has been just over one year since I joined the Central Michigan University community as your 15th president. In that time, I’ve become convinced of one very important fact: Every day, in every corner of our community — on-campus, online and in our satellite locations — fantastic things are happening.

We have much to be proud of, and many wonderful stories to share with one another. That’s why I am beginning this blog: I want to share the great things I observe with you.

I’ll share important campus updates and spotlight some of the amazing individuals who make up our community of scholars. I’ll also use this blog as a way to keep you informed about the challenges facing higher education that may affect CMU. And, every once in a while, I’ll probably throw in a “dad joke” or two.

For example, do you know how to get CMU’s squirrels to like you? Act like a nut!

I also will use this blog to share important information about initiatives and issues happening at our university.

I am here at CMU because I am passionate about our mission and because I believe in the power of this university to change lives for the better. I hope you’ll find inspiration in this blog that reminds you why YOU have chosen to be part of this wonderful Central Michigan University community.

I hope you’ll also connect with me on social media, if you haven’t already:

And, I hope you’ll plan to attend my first State of the University address this Thursday, Nov. 7, to hear more about my vision for CMU in the years to come.

We have much to take pride in and much work still to do, and I can’t wait to navigate our path forward together with each of you.

Be well and Fire Up Chips!

Blog: Presidential Perspectives posted | Last Modified: | Author: by Bob Davies, CMU President | Categories: President's Office
The views and opinions expressed in these blog pages are strictly those of the page author.