A strong start to a successful semester
Best wishes for a great academic year!
I hope you will make your journey exciting — that you will choose to not simply “get by.” Instead, I hope you will aim high and dream big — that you will challenge yourself in the classroom and on our campus.
- Get to know your faculty members. Drop in during office hours. Engage in class discussions and put in your best work on group projects.
- Explore registered student organizations and clubs. Seek out opportunities to try new things, meet new people and expand your skills.
- Participate in campus events and traditions. Attend sporting events, music and theater performances, lectures and speaker series. Celebrate with us at Homecoming!
- Learn more about your community and the people in it. Connect with people who view the world from a perspective different from your own. Participate in cultural and heritage month activities and awareness events.
And, importantly, embrace and model the CMU core values every day: integrity, respect, compassion, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence and innovation. Set the leadership standard for others by doing the right things for the right reasons every day.
This means being mindful of your own health and well-being, as well as the health of others. While we continue to navigate the pandemic and other health concerns, it is important to remember that your actions can affect the health of others. Please, exercise personal responsibility:
- Read CMU’s COVID-19 information page, and follow the health and safety guidelines.
- Do not go to class, work or meetings if you are sick.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, report them using the health screen app or website.
- If you are sick, contact Student Health Services or your preferred health care provider.