Award Notifications

Award Notification

A notice that outlines your award "package" will be emailed to you from CMU's Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. If you are a new student, you will receive an email informing you your award notice has been posted on "View Your Aid" in early April.  If you are a continuing student, you will receive an email that your award notice has been posted on "View Your Aid"  in early June, after your academic progress has been evaluated.

Your award may consist of some or all of the following types of aid, depending on your financial need, date of application and available resources.

  • Grants A type of financial aid based on a students financial need. Grants do not have to be repaid.
  • Scholarships Awards based on a student's achievement (academic, talent, athletic, etc.) Scholarships do not have to be repaid.
  • Employment Federal and state work-study programs subsidize wages for needy students. Students who receive this assistance will work at a job for which they are paid an hourly wage and receive a paycheck.
  • Non-need Employment: Many CMU students work in on- or off-campus jobs that are not related to financial need. On-campus employment is identified as General Student Assistance.  Off-campus employment is referred to as Student Work Expectation.  Non-need employment is an alternative to student borrowing.
  • Loans Federal loans are available to students in need. Federal and alternative no-need loans are also available to students and to parents of undergraduate students. Repayment of federal student loans begins after graduation or termination from college; repayment of federal parent loans begins after the loan has been disbursed.
  • Veteran Benefits Veterans may have eligibility for educational benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.


1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site