Every student who requests accommodations or adjustments due to a disability will be invited to participate in the interactive process. Below is a general outline of the interactive process
1. Request Accommodations
2. Submit Verification of Documentation
3. Discussion With SDS Professionals About:
- How your condition impacts a major life function
- Subject areas or times that are particularly difficult for you
- Expectations of high education including anticipated work load, program technical standards, attendance, code of conduct, standards, etc.
4. Determination of Reasonable Accommodations
- Staff at SDS will then determine what accommodations is best for each individual student
5. Notification of Faculty
- It is the STUDENT'S responsibility to notify faculty of their eligibility and desire to use accommodations
- Students may pick up printed Letters of Notification for faculty or letters can be emailed to the student if requested.
6. Continued Interaction
- Student's are encouraged to work with SDS throughout the semester but especially if they are experiencing any difficulty
- All students will receive a monthly email from SDS staff
- Student's may receive information through the Facebook page or through Twitter announcements