Technology moves fast. Get the skills you need to keep up with tomorrow’s innovations. Study diverse technologies that drive our modern society — networking, website design, software design, database management and more.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Take your admiration for computer networks, databases, multimedia and emerging technologies and run with it by majoring in information technology.
This program offers innovative studies and active student participation. It’s a fired up program that strengthens your expertise and prepares you for an evolving technology field.
You'll have plenty of career options. Employers will find you well-qualified for roles such as network administration, database administration, web master, application system designer, multimedia specialist and customer service technologist.
You’ll also have opportunities for dynamic capstone research on IT projects. As part of the required curriculum for a major, you’ll help design and implement a solution to a real-world IT problem.
In addition to technical skills, our program also emphasizes collaboration and teamwork. As a student, you'll use the latest collaborative technologies and platforms to help get things done. You'll graduate with the expertise to analyze and solve complex computing problems.
As an IT major, you can:
- Build your network of tomorrow with the student chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals.
- Pursue a real-world capstone project conducted on- or off-campus under supervision of a faculty member.
- Take on an internship or service-learning project supervised by an off-campus project director in coordination with your advisor.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements.
- Complete the minor for this program online.
Careers & Outcomes
A major in information technology opens up a diverse and high-demand universe of potential career paths.
|User Experience (UX) Developer||$108,729|
|IT Project Manager||$100,261|