The Office of Diversity Education provides culturally responsive educational opportunities through systematic education, training, coaching, consulting an community-building for the CMU Community.
Dr. Cureg demonstrates the "blind spot test" during a Cultural Competency session.
Expand your view of the world and improve your cultural competence by participating in programs and services offered through the Office of Diversity Education at Central Michigan University. You'll learn how to communicate with diverse groups of people and use differing experiences, backgrounds and perspective to uncover creative solutions to personal and professional challenges.
The Office of Diversity Education offers opportunities for faculty, staff ad students to enhance their cultural competence by:
- Providing intercultural education
- Facilitating campus wide interaction
- Building collaborative partnerships to advance diversity and inclusion
- Implementing educational opportunities that cultivate and sustain a supportive and inclusive campus community
OUR PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Cultural Competency Workshops for faculty and staff
- Diversity & Inclusion Annual Symposium
- Conversations that Matter Series
- Soup & Substance Series featuring themes around Hispanic Heritage Month, Native-American Heritage Month, LGBTQ+, Black History Month, and Asian Heritage Month
- Customized Intercultural Communication Workshops/Seminars
- Classroom Lectures, managing cultural differences, and conflict resolution
- Film Series