Central Michigan University has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide online ordering of Central Michigan University transcripts.
NSC allows ordering a transcript easy, secure, and a more convenient way to order online at any time. Once a transcript is ordered it can be tracked through text message or email.

Important transcript information

  • Requesting a transcript - The National Student Clearinghouse transcript request is the only method in which a transcript may be requested. Central Michigan University does not accept transcript requests over the phone.
  • Reapplying to CMU - If you previously attended or graduated from CMU there is no need to submit a request to send a transcript from CMU.
  • Financial hold on your CMU account - If you have a financial hold on your account your request cannot be processed until the hold has been removed from your account. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact Student Accounting Services & University Billing at (989) 774-3618.
  • Mail transcript - A transcript being mailed through the United States Postal Service could take up to 2-3 days processing time before mailing.
  • Electronic transcript - A Transcript requested electronically is typically received the same day it is ordered.
  • The Difference between an Official and Unofficial Transcript
    • Official transcript - Sent by NSC on behalf of CMU directly to a receiving party (i.e. employer, graduate school, transfer university etc.).
    • Unofficial transcript - Sent by NSC on behalf of CMU to a student or the individual requestor named on the transcript and not to a receiving party.