Skip to main content

Dreamers Welcome

Central Michigan University provides support for mixed-status families.

This is a 900x600 Image of photo taken of a CMU student at Mainstage

From the Manual of University Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines:

"Federal and state law does NOT prohibit the admission of an undocumented student, nor does it require a prospective student to prove citizenship to receive admission to colleges and universities."

Receiving in-state tuition

To receive in-state tuition, all students (undergraduate, graduate, and online) need to supply a permanent U.S. address in any state or territory and a transcript of a full U.S. high school experience.

Financial Aid

CMU's merit-based scholarships are available to all long-term resident, DACA-mented and undocumented students.  Federal financial aid (Pell grants, work-study, etc.) require the submission of a FAFSA form.

State of Michigan Guide