Skip to main content

Dreamers Welcome

Central Michigan University provides support for mixed-status families.

From the Manual of University Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines: "Federal and state law does NOT prohibit the admission of an undocumented student, nor does it require a prospective student to prove citizenship to receive admission to colleges and universities."

Receiving in-state tuition

To receive in-state tuition, all students (undergraduate, graduate, and online) need to supply a permanent U.S. address in any state or territory and a transcript of a full U.S. high school experience.

Financial aid

CMU's merit-based scholarships are available to all long-term resident, DACA-mented and undocumented students.  Federal financial aid (Pell grants, work-study, etc.) require the submission of a FAFSA form.
Merit-based Scholarships

State of Michigan guide

"Aspire Higher: An Undocumented Student Guide to College in Michigan" pdf